Skip to content
Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    GA-20 and Grammy-winning musician Charlie Musselwhite perform “I Can’t Hold Out” during CBS Saturday Morning’s Saturday Sessions on August 1.
    Videos

    GA-20 and Charlie Musselwhite Perform ‘I Can’t Hold Out’

    August 2, 2026 1 Min Read
    Ricky Gervais Alley Cats official Netflix trailer
    Videos

    Ricky Gervais ‘Alley Cats’ Trailer Sets August 7 Debut

    July 23, 2026 2 Min Read
    Sam Fender Olivia Dean break UK chart record with Rein Me In after 16 weeks at No. 1.
    Videos

    Sam Fender, Olivia Dean Break 30-Year UK Chart Record

    July 12, 2026 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: KU cricket match: Injured female students threatened to stay silent..or else
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
PhotoNews Pakistan > Sindh > KU cricket match: Injured female students threatened to stay silent..or else
Sindh

KU cricket match: Injured female students threatened to stay silent..or else

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published November 4, 2015 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Students who either suffered injuries or have witnessed the violence that occurred over a mixed gender cricket match last week at Karachi University are receiving death threats and being warned not to share details of the incident with anyone..or else, it emerged earlier yesterday.

Regarding the controversy over girls’ thrashing, some eyewitnesses stated that they were also beaten up during the incident.

According to sources, none of the girls who suffered violence during the scuffle have come to the university after the incident and rumours are circulating on the campus that they might leave the university.

The male student Muhammad Saqib, who received severe injuries, is also resting at home.

“I was there with other students but could not do much to stop students from fighting. Now, we are being threatened by members of a student group not to talk to anyone over the issue else we would have to face dire consequences,” a student speaking on condition of anonymity added.

The students responsible for thrashing colleagues over a cricket match, he said, roamed free on the campus and no warning had been issued by the administration to them.

Another student, who was also there at the time of violence, said that a heated argument between the students led to the violence. “Initially, they raised objection over the mixed gender match and left. After a while, they came with more boys and attacked anyone who came in their way,” he said.

According to the students, it was not the first time that boys and girls were playing together on the campus in the evening. In fact, it was a routine affair.

“It was just to kill time while we waited for our point buses. Unfortunately, what happened yesterday has further demoralised us and students are feeling more insecure now,” a student said, while referring to Monday’s chaos on the campus following thrashing of  journalists.

In response to a question whether the victim students have been contacted over the past few days, KU student adviser Dr Ansar Rizvi replied in the negative and said no interaction could be made with the students after the incident.

“A meeting was planned with victim students on Monday but [it] had to be cancelled due to a tense situation on the campus. While today there were official meetings on the same issue.”

The victim girl students, he said, were still to be identified. The university had notified members of the committees that would investigate the incident of journalist’s thrashing and the violence over the cricket match.

“The Rangers’ wing commander also held a meeting with representatives of students groups today and has given them a clear message not to take the law into their own hands,” he said.

Also read: Security staff thrashes journalists at Karachi University

 

TAGGED:Cricket
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

India beat Pakistan 5-3 in the 2026 Hockey World Cup

Pakistan-India Hockey: India Win 5-3, Knock Pakistan Out

Image features Mayo Hospital Lahore

Pakistan Private Hospital Care Has Precedents for Politicians

Pakistan retailer tax app for smaller traders

Pakistan Retailer Tax App Launches for Small Traders

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Punjab government logo with digital documents, cloud storage icons, and paperless system visuals.
Punjab

Punjab Paperless Governance Links 6,000 Systems Statewide

1 Min Read
DPO Dir and DSP Bala Aslam Nawaz during a joint security operation in Dobando.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa

Upper Dir Police Operation Continues After Checkpost Attacks

2 Min Read
Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Nawaz following the lifting of his ICC provisional suspension.
Sports

Mohammad Nawaz Injury Rules Him Out of Champions Cup

1 Min Read
Entertainment

Kanye West OK Video Puts Ye in Headless Operating-Room Scene

Rapper Kanye West’s “OK” video with Don Toliver has been released, featuring a horror-inspired operating-room concept…

August 19, 2026
World

Iran Offensive Policy Signals Wider Hormuz Escalation Risk

TEHRAN, Iran: An Iran offensive policy shift could bring wider escalation in the Strait of Hormuz…

August 17, 2026
Entertainment

Frank Beard Dies at 77 After 56 Years With ZZ Top

Frank Beard dies at 77 after spending 56 years as drummer for ZZ Top, the band’s…

August 19, 2026
Pakistan

ISPR Operation Sindoor Documentary Rejected as Distorted

RAWALPINDI: ISPR Operation Sindoor documentary claims were rejected by Pakistan’s military on Monday, which accused India…

August 18, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    Categories

    • World
    • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir

     

    • Top News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Videos
    • Tech
    • Offbeat
    • Blog
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

    © 2026 Phototnews
    All Rights Reserved.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?