“Fortnite” returned to Apple’s App Store worldwide, except Australia, Epic Games said Tuesday as the developer continued its legal battle with Apple over platform fees.
Epic announced the return saying the game was back on the App Store “around the world.” MacRumors and 9to5Mac reported that Australia remained the main exception.
Epic Games said it was confident governments would reject what it called Apple’s “junk fees” once Apple was required to show its costs. Chief Executive Officer Tim Sweeney described the development on X as the “beginning of the end of the Apple Tax worldwide.”
Apple and Google removed “Fortnite” from their app stores in 2020 after Epic tried to bypass their in-app payment systems. The dispute later expanded into antitrust cases against both companies.
“Fortnite” returned to Apple’s US App Store last year after a favourable court ruling for Epic. It also returned to the US Google store after Epic reached a deal with Google.
Read: Fortnite Pulled from iOS Globally as Apple Rejects Epic Games’ App Store Submission
Epic said the game remains unavailable to Australian users despite a court victory there last summer, in which the company accused Apple and Google of abusing their market power.