Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    Zayn Malik Drops Die For Me Music Video
    Videos

    Zayn Malik Releases Die For Me Music Video Ahead of New Album

    February 6, 2026 3 Min Read
    Masters of the Universe teaser
    Videos

    Masters of the Universe Teaser Reveals Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man

    January 22, 2026 3 Min Read
    Bridgerton Season 4 trailer
    EntertainmentVideos

    Bridgerton Season 4 Trailer Reveals Benedict’s Love Story

    December 26, 2025 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: PM calls for audits of Nandipur project
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
PhotoNews Pakistan > Business > PM calls for audits of Nandipur project
Business

PM calls for audits of Nandipur project

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published September 15, 2015 3 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has ordered two separate audits — one by an audit firm of international repute and the other by the auditor general of Pakistan – into matters relating to the 525MW Nandipur power project.

Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal said at a news conference in Islamabad earlier yesterday that the prime minister had also ordered an inquiry to ascertain why the plant remained closed for four or six weeks after completion and fix responsibility in the event of negligence.

Mr Iqbal said the prime minister had also ordered that an audit firm of international repute and the auditor general of Pakistan be assigned to determine if misappropriation had taken place in the project.

He said the project had been started in 2009 when the PPP was in power and claimed that one of its ministers had kept the file in his drawer for ulterior motives for over one year.

He said the project was now a reality, its test trial complete and it was waiting to be given on operation and maintenance contract which had been delayed.

He said a judicial commission appointed by the Supreme Court and headed by a former reputed senior judge had reported Rs130 billion loss to the national kitty because of the alleged sabotage by the PPP minister. He said that the contractors had left the country and machines and material kept rusting for years at the port.

Mr Iqbal said that the PML-N government had taken upon itself to revive the project to avoid international arbitration by contractors which seemed going against Pakistan and could have earned a bad name for the country among the international community.

“It is like a thief blaming the cop,” the minister said, referring to criticism coming from the PPP over the Nandipur fiasco, adding that it was the PPP that had harmed the nation by destroying a national project.

Another cabinet member said that the adoption of high sulphur fuel oil (HSFO) for a combined cycle plant to be run on natural gas was the basic flaw in the power project because it was technically difficult to run such a big unit on the HSFO that also contained a lot of contamination when brought from Karachi to Nandipur.

Also read:PM Nawaz Sharif to chair cabinet meeting
TAGGED:Nawaz Sharif
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

FJMU Hostel Student Fall Investigation

FJMU Hostel Student Fall Investigation Underway After MBBS Student Dies

ICC May Shift Events from India to Australia Amid Pakistan Tensions

ICC May Shift Events from India to Australia Amid Pakistan Tensions

Mbappe Calls for Prestianni Ban over Alleged Racist Slur at Vinicius Jr

Mbappe Calls for Prestianni Ban After Alleged Racist Slur at Vinicius Jr

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Bangladesh national election 2026
Top NewsWorld

Bangladesh Began Voting Today in First Election After 2024 Uprising

3 Min Read
Cardi B Stefon Diggs split
Entertainment

Cardi B Stefon Diggs Split Confirmed After Super Bowl 2026 Rumors

2 Min Read
Maryam Nawaz Ramzan package
Punjab

Punjab Negahban ATM Cards Ramzan Package Begins Across Province

3 Min Read
Entertainment

Georgina Rodríguez Dream Home Sparks Valentine’s Day Speculation

Speculation about Georgina Rodríguez's dream home intensified after she shared a heartfelt Instagram post that quickly went…

February 15, 2026
Top NewsWorld

Bangladesh Election: Jamaat Accepts Result as BNP Secures Landslide Victory

The Bangladesh election Jamaat accepts the result after earlier raising concerns about alleged irregularities in the…

February 14, 2026
Sindh

Sober Socialising Trend in Pakistan Gains Momentum Among Gen Z

The trend of sober socialising is gaining traction in Pakistan, especially among Gen Z in Karachi. Under neon…

February 13, 2026
Pakistan

Pakistan Freelancers Foreign Exchange Earnings Cross $500 Million in FY2025-26

Pakistan freelancers' foreign exchange earnings crossed the $500 million mark during the first half of FY2025-26,…

February 15, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Categories

  • World
  • Pakistan
  • Punjab
  • Sindh
  • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
  • Balochistan
  • Azad Jammu Kashmir

 

  • Top News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Videos
  • Tech
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

© 2026 Phototnews
All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?