Skip to content
Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    GA-20 and Grammy-winning musician Charlie Musselwhite perform “I Can’t Hold Out” during CBS Saturday Morning’s Saturday Sessions on August 1.
    Videos

    GA-20 and Charlie Musselwhite Perform ‘I Can’t Hold Out’

    August 2, 2026 1 Min Read
    Ricky Gervais Alley Cats official Netflix trailer
    Videos

    Ricky Gervais ‘Alley Cats’ Trailer Sets August 7 Debut

    July 23, 2026 2 Min Read
    Sam Fender Olivia Dean break UK chart record with Rein Me In after 16 weeks at No. 1.
    Videos

    Sam Fender, Olivia Dean Break 30-Year UK Chart Record

    July 12, 2026 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: PM and COAS agree to continue Karachi Operation
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
PhotoNews Pakistan > Sindh > PM and COAS agree to continue Karachi Operation
Sindh

PM and COAS agree to continue Karachi Operation

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published March 20, 2015 3 Min Read
Share
SHARE

The prime minister and the army chief have agreed that come what may, the ongoing Karachi operation against criminals should be taken to its logical conclusion, stated a communiqué.

They have decided that not only should the sphere of the crackdown be expanded but it should also be carried out across the board.

These decisions were taken yesterday  at the PM House, where Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Raheel Sharif had called on PM Nawaz Sharif.

Discussing the latest developments in Karachi, the PM lauded the operation and offered all-out support of the federal government to the Pakistan Army to tackle terrorism across the country.

They said previous operations were carried out by the police, who were targeted by criminals for their participation, which was why the current crackdown was being conducted by the paramilitary forces.

Regarding former Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) activist Saulat Mirza’s revelations, both the civil and the military leaderships termed them “alarming” and agreed on probing into the allegations.

About the fate of MQM-backed Sindh Governor Ishratul Ebad, who Mirza accused of providing protection to criminals at police stations, sources said Ebad had the blessing of the federal government and if Mirza’s allegations were to be proved right, then he would be asked to step down.

The COAS and the PM said the ongoing operation was targeting militant wings of political parties and not specifically the MQM.

They said when Lyari gangster Uzair Baloch would be brought back to Pakistan, his revelations would pave the way for the Rangers to take action against land grabbers and target killers affiliated with the Pakistan Peoples Party.

The PM had earlier held a meeting with his party’s National Assembly members from the Faisalabad division and shed light on the Karachi operation.

He said that before launching the operation in Karachi, all the political parties had been taken on board, adding that the crackdown was initiated only after all the parties had reached a consensus.

Also read: Saulat Mirza case: PM Nawaz to meet Raheel today

TAGGED:COAS
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Zodiac wheel with horoscope signs and astrological symbols

August Weekly Horoscope Leads PEOPLE Astrology Updates

Vibrio vulnificus infections shown in a laboratory culture

Vibrio Vulnificus Infection Leaves Florida Woman Critically Ill

Pakistani actor and host Imran Ashraf at Lux Style Awards

Imran Ashraf Death Hoax Debunked After AI Clip Goes Viral

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

K-535 Yury Dolgoruky launches a Bulava ballistic missile in the Barents Sea.
World

Russia Strikes Kyiv After Ukraine Hits Samara Space Centre

2 Min Read
Smoke rises over oil depot tanks after attacks in Tehran.
World

Iran War Pollution May Persist for Years, Experts Warn

2 Min Read
Omar Artan FIFA referee during a football match
Sports

Omar Artan Becomes First Non-European Super Cup Referee

2 Min Read
World

Iran Air Defence Production Continued Through War: IRGC

Tehran, Iran: A senior Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps officer said Friday that air defence production continued…

August 15, 2026
Tech

Meta Social Media Lawsuits Proceed After Appeal Dismissed

SAN FRANCISCO, United States: Meta social media lawsuits involving thousands of claims can proceed after a…

August 11, 2026
Top NewsWorld

Iran Says Oman Agreed on Strait of Hormuz Route Map

TEHRAN, Iran, Aug. 15: Iran said Oman had agreed on a Strait of Hormuz route map…

August 16, 2026
Pakistan

Supreme Court Death Sentence Upheld in Ex-Wife Murder Case

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court's death sentence ruling against Waseem Abbas will stand after a three-member bench…

August 16, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    Categories

    • World
    • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir

     

    • Top News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Videos
    • Tech
    • Offbeat
    • Blog
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

    © 2026 Phototnews
    All Rights Reserved.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?