Skip to content
Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    Shakira 2026 World Cup anthem
    Videos

    Shakira 2026 World Cup Anthem “Dai Dai” Featuring Burna Boy Unveiled

    May 8, 2026 2 Min Read
    Zayn Malik
    Videos

    Zayn Malik Releases Die For Me Music Video Ahead of New Album

    February 6, 2026 3 Min Read
    Masters of the Universe teaser
    Videos

    Masters of the Universe Teaser Reveals Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man

    January 22, 2026 3 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: Objectionable content: ISPs ordered to block 40,000 pornographic websites
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
ban websites
PhotoNews Pakistan > Pakistan > Objectionable content: ISPs ordered to block 40,000 pornographic websites
Pakistan

Objectionable content: ISPs ordered to block 40,000 pornographic websites

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published January 26, 2016 3 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Pakistan is gearing up to launch a major crackdown on internet pornography after its telecom regulator ordered internet service providers earlier yesterday to block access to more than 400,000 adult websites.

Acess to sites featuring smut and pornographic material will be restricted at the domain level, sources familiar with the development confirmed . Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has asked (ISPs) across Pakistan to block over 400,000 ‘pornographic websites’.

The directive was issued by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA).

The move apparently follows a recent order by the Supreme Court wherein the telecom sector’s regulatory body had been asked to “take remedial steps to quantify the nefarious phenomenon of obscenity and pornography that has an imminent role to corrupt and vitiate the youth of Pakistan”.

PTA said it has decided to take pre-emptive measures to block such websites at the domain level to control dissemination of pornographic content through the internet as it provided ISPs with a list of 429,343 domains to be blocked on their respective networks.

The SC order, dated January 12, 2016 had stated that information in every field of the world has become so widespread that any person can acquaint himself with the latest developments taking place in the world.

Such means of information, the order reads, should be encouraged and even amplified so that people who don’t have means and resources to go abroad and acquire information can have it at their doorsteps.

“But this information has to be qualified. It can’t be extended to include every nasty and nefarious phenomenon, which has the potential to corrupt and vitiate the youth. This aspect of the subject has to be thought over holistically so that the negative part of the information may not spoil our young generation.”

Officials said that blocking websites at the domain level was a gigantic and costly exercise, since it would require changes in their systems and special equipment to block such a large number of websites – not to mention a significant amount of man hours needed for this purpose.

However, they said that they had started work on the order since they were bound to abide by the law.

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Neymar gestures toward a camera after being taken off in the 68th minute of a football match.

Neymar World Cup Squad Hopes Rise After Fitness Claim

A damaged building and piles of debris are seen at night after a 5.2-magnitude earthquake hit Liuzhou’s Liunan district in Guangxi, China.

China Earthquake Kills 2, Collapses 13 Buildings

A military jet descends in the sky while several parachutes deploy after an air show collision in Mountain Home, Idaho.

Military Jets Collision at Idaho Air Show Injures None

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Hims Products
Business

Hims Earnings Miss Estimates As Shares Fall 12%

2 Min Read
China and USA Flags
Business

China-US Trade Talks Open In South Korea Before Summit

1 Min Read
Silhouettes of armed figures in front of split Hezbollah and Israeli flags.
World

Hezbollah Lebanon-Israel Talks Exclude Weapons, Chief Warns

1 Min Read
Tech

Instagram Instants Feature Gets Mixed User Reaction

Instagram Instants launched on May 13, 2026, giving users a way to share unedited photos with…

May 17, 2026
Pakistan

HEC MS MPhil Admissions Require GRE, HAT Tests

The Higher Education Commission has made GRE or HAT tests mandatory for HEC MS MPhil admissions,…

May 15, 2026
Sindh

FIA Sarafa Bazaar Raid Probe Assured to Jewellers

Karachi, Sindh: The Federal Investigation Agency’s Karachi Zone director has assured jewellers that the FIA Sarafa…

May 17, 2026
Pakistan

IMF Pakistan Tax Reforms Target Weak Farm Recoveries

IMF Pakistan tax reforms have put renewed pressure on Islamabad after the lender said farm income…

May 16, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    Categories

    • World
    • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir

     

    • Top News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Videos
    • Tech
    • Offbeat
    • Blog
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

    © 2026 Phototnews
    All Rights Reserved.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?