Skip to content
Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    GA-20 and Grammy-winning musician Charlie Musselwhite perform “I Can’t Hold Out” during CBS Saturday Morning’s Saturday Sessions on August 1.
    Videos

    GA-20 and Charlie Musselwhite Perform ‘I Can’t Hold Out’

    August 2, 2026 1 Min Read
    Ricky Gervais Alley Cats official Netflix trailer
    Videos

    Ricky Gervais ‘Alley Cats’ Trailer Sets August 7 Debut

    July 23, 2026 2 Min Read
    Sam Fender Olivia Dean break UK chart record with Rein Me In after 16 weeks at No. 1.
    Videos

    Sam Fender, Olivia Dean Break 30-Year UK Chart Record

    July 12, 2026 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: Man who moved LHC against JuD ‘self created Shariat court’ kidnapped, harassed
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
Shariah court
PhotoNews Pakistan > Punjab > Man who moved LHC against JuD ‘self created Shariat court’ kidnapped, harassed
Punjab

Man who moved LHC against JuD ‘self created Shariat court’ kidnapped, harassed

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published June 1, 2016 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

A property dealer who had been pursuing litigation in the Lahore High Court against a religious organisation’s self-styled ‘Shariat Court’ was abducted, intoxicated and threatened by two unidentified men on his way to the court on Tuesday.

“I was heading to the high court on my motorcycle when two bearded men intercepted me near Samanabad’s first roundabout. One of them took control of the bike, while the other sat behind me before heading towards Miani Sahib graveyard,” Khalid Saeed told this scribe in a weak voice, lying on a bed of Services Hospital’s emergency ward, with blood marks on his clothes.

A ‘Shariat Court’ established by Jamatud Dawa (JuD) had summoned Mr Saeed on the ‘complaint’ of his former partner in a property business, alleging misappropriation of his investment. Saeed had filed a writ petition in the LHC against the summons issued to him by the JuD ‘court’.

The court had heard the petition and directed provincial home secretary to look into the matter and decide it strictly in accordance with law after hearing version of the petitioner.

Mr Saeed filed an intra-court appeal against the order that was fixed for hearing before a division bench on Tuesday.

However, his counsel Advocate Maqbool Sheikh sought a short adjournment from the bench due to the incident.

Mr Saeed said the kidnappers forced him to drink a glass of juice before throwing him near the Ghazi Ilamuddin’s shrine in semi-conscious state.

“I could only called a friend for help before passing out,” Mr Saeed said, adding the duo kept threatening him of dire consequences if he did not withdraw the cases and reconcile the matter.

He was later shifted to the Services Hospital where doctors treated him in emergency ward. “We have washed his (Saeed’s) stomach and sent the samples of the retrieved fluid to laboratory for a detailed examination,” a doctor in the emergency ward said.

Personnel from the police-post at the hospital visited the victim and reported the incident to police station concerned.

Later a sub-inspector from Lyyton Road police station visited Saeed at the hospital and recorded his statement. He told the victim that the first information report (FIR) of the incident would be lodged after issuance of laboratory report of the sample.

Lahore DIG (operations) Dr Haider Ashraf said he was not aware of the incident yet and sought time for his official response. Later calls made to his mobile phone remained unanswered.

The Qazi (judge) of “Dar-ul-Qaza Sharia” established by the religious organisation had summoned Mr Saeed to it’s headquarters at Chauburji to defend himself against the allegations leveled in the complaint. However, the property dealer never obeyed the ‘order’ and instead approached the LHC for remedy.

The organisation had denied establishing any court, saying it offered arbitration only and resolved disputes in the light of Shariah.

It argues that offering arbitration to disputing parties was not illegal.

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Trump fuel price probe will ask the Justice Department to review gasoline pricing after the president accused oil firms of gouging.

US Debt Tops $40 Trillion as Interest Costs Surge

Actress Hayden Panettiere

Hayden Panettiere Death Probe Unrelated to Hickerson Home Check

Iron Age woman burial site uncovered in the Scottish Highlands

Scotland Iron Age Burial Found in Possible Ritual Well

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Palestinians inspect a cafe destroyed in an Israeli airstrike at Gaza port
Top NewsWorld

Gaza City Cafe Strike Kills 6 Palestinians, on Day After Kushner Meeting

1 Min Read
Pakistan hockey team playing against England in the FIH Hockey World Cup
Sports

England Beat Pakistan 4-1 in Hockey World Cup Opener

2 Min Read
Trump civil service overhaul Schedule F
Tech

Trump Cyber Memo Opens Cyberattacks to Vetted US Firms

2 Min Read
Top NewsWorld

Strait of Hormuz Control: Iran Rejects Trump’s Claim

TEHRAN, Iran: Iran rejected US President Donald Trump’s claim of total Strait of Hormuz control on…

August 13, 2026
World

UAE Iran Strait of Hormuz Vessel Attack: ADNOC Ship Struck

The United Arab Emirates stated on Saturday that Iran attacked an ADNOC Abu Dhabi National Oil…

August 15, 2026
World

US-Iran War Was a Big Mistake, Ex-Negotiator Moniz Says

Former US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz called the US-Iran war a “big mistake.” He said President…

August 15, 2026
Pakistan

Supreme Court Death Sentence Upheld in Ex-Wife Murder Case

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court's death sentence ruling against Waseem Abbas will stand after a three-member bench…

August 16, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    Categories

    • World
    • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir

     

    • Top News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Videos
    • Tech
    • Offbeat
    • Blog
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

    © 2026 Phototnews
    All Rights Reserved.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?