Karachi, Sindh: Sindh Inspector General of Police Javed Alam Odho said Tuesday that more prominent names could emerge in the Anmol Pinky investigation as authorities widened the probe into alleged narcotics trafficking networks.
Addressing a press conference in Karachi, the Sindh IGP said police were forming a task force and urged citizens to cooperate by providing information and testimony related to drug trafficking activities.
Odho said multiple cases had already been registered against Anmol alias Pinky, including cases lodged by the Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF). He added that investigators expected to identify more individuals linked to the narcotics trade during the inquiry.
The Sindh Police chief said the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had joined the investigation to examine banking transactions connected to the case, while the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) would investigate alleged online drug sales.
Read: Anmol Pinky Case Moves To Judicial Complex
Police arrested Pinky from an apartment in Karachi’s Garden area days earlier. The suspect denied the arrest narrative and claimed she had been detained in Lahore, Punjab, around 15 days before being shifted to Karachi. Besides narcotics allegations, she also faces murder charges and remains in police custody on physical remand.
Odho said authorities were distinguishing between drug users and traffickers, adding that people involved in narcotics distribution would not be spared. He also said police had arrested more than 1,000 suspects and seized 40 kilograms of crystal meth during recent operations.
Separately, a South Judicial Magistrate granted the suspect a three-day physical remand in eight cases registered at Darakhshan and Gizri police stations. During preliminary investigation, Pinky allegedly claimed she paid hundreds of thousands of rupees monthly to different Karachi police stations as bribes and handled narcotics sales exceeding Rs20 million per month.