Skip to content
Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    GA-20 and Grammy-winning musician Charlie Musselwhite perform “I Can’t Hold Out” during CBS Saturday Morning’s Saturday Sessions on August 1.
    Videos

    GA-20 and Charlie Musselwhite Perform ‘I Can’t Hold Out’

    August 2, 2026 1 Min Read
    Ricky Gervais Alley Cats official Netflix trailer
    Videos

    Ricky Gervais ‘Alley Cats’ Trailer Sets August 7 Debut

    July 23, 2026 2 Min Read
    Sam Fender Olivia Dean break UK chart record with Rein Me In after 16 weeks at No. 1.
    Videos

    Sam Fender, Olivia Dean Break 30-Year UK Chart Record

    July 12, 2026 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: US drone attack violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty, claims PM Nawaz
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
PhotoNews Pakistan > Top News > US drone attack violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty, claims PM Nawaz
Top News

US drone attack violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty, claims PM Nawaz

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published May 23, 2016 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif earlier yesterday criticised the drone strike which the US carried out in Balochistan a day earlier and said that a strong protest had been lodged with the US over the attack.

Talking to reporters after his arrival in London for a medical check-up, he described the air strike in the Dalbandin area of Balochistan as a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty.

Mr Sharif was quoted by TV channels as having said that it was not clear that Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Akhtar Mansour was among the two people reportedly killed in the air strike, adding that details of the incident were still being collected.

A statement issued by the Foreign Office in Islamabad said the US had shared the information that a drone strike had been carried out in Pakistan near the Pak-Afghan border in which Mansour was targeted. The information was shared with Prime Minister Sharif and Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif after the strike.

The FO statement said that on the basis of information gathered till late Sunday a person identified as Wali Muhammad, son of Shah Muhammad, who carried a Pakistani passport and an identity card and who was a resident of Qila Abdullah, entered Pakistan through the Taftan border on Saturday.

His passport bore a valid Iranian visa. He was travelling on a vehicle hired from a transport company in Taftan. The vehicle was found destroyed at Kochaki along the Pak-Afghan border.

The driver was identified as Muhammad Azam whose body had been identified and handed over to his relatives.

The identity of the second body was being verified on the basis of evidence found at the scene and other relevant information.

The statement said that while investigations were being carried out, “Pakistan wishes to once again state that the drone attack was a violation of its sovereignty, an issue which has been raised with the United States in the past as well”.

The FO said that the fifth meeting of the Quadrilateral Coordination Group held on May 18 had reiterated that a politically negotiated settlement was the only viable option for a lasting peace in Afghanistan and called upon the Taliban to give up violence and join peace talks.

Taliban reaction

A senior leader of the Afghan Taliban said that Mansour had been killed. Mullah Abdul Rauf told The Associated Press on Sunday that Mansour died in the air strike late on Friday night. However, a Wall Street Journal report quoted the Taliban officials in Afghanistan as saying that their leader was alive.

A member of the Taliban who is close to the militant leadership distributed a message to some associates promising to release an audio message proving Mansour was still alive.

“The attack did occur and some important military persons were there, but Mansour was not among them,” Mullah Abdul Samad Sani said, according to a person who received the message. “Now we deny it officially and in the next three days we will release Mansour’s audio message.”

A member of the Taliban press team, Emran Khalil, also published a tweet, calling the news “completely wrong”.

People close to the Taliban said the strike took place as senior ‘commanders’ were travelling to attend a wedding in a Pakistani village.

The Taliban’s chief justice official, Mullah Shaikh Abdul Hakim, could have been among those killed in the strike, they said.

TAGGED:Nawaz SharifPak­istan
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Bank Alfalah Pehchan account

Recent Posts

Meta AI logo displayed on a smartphone with a purple and blue technology background.

Meta Smart Glasses Face UK Cinema Curbs Over Piracy Fears

Imran Khan deal 2025

Imran Khan Treatment Row Deepens as PTI Plans Court Action

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi arriving in St. Petersburg, Russia, before a scheduled meeting with Vladimir Putin.

Iran Sanctions Pressure ‘Doomed to Fail’, Araghchi Says

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Editorial illustration featuring the Google logo, search interface, and AI-inspired digital graphics with circuit board elements.
Pakistan

Google Pakistan Office Opens, Students Get Free Gemini

2 Min Read
Iran wrestling team finishes runner-up at 2026 Pahlavani Wrestling Championships
Sports

Iran Pahlavani Wrestling Team Takes Second With 72 Points

1 Min Read
Armored warrior in Christopher Nolan’s The Odyssey official trailer.
Entertainment

The Odyssey Box Office Tops $1.35B, Sets R-Rated Record

1 Min Read
Offbeat

Unitree Superman Robot Hits 45.6 km/h in Speed Test

The Unitree Superman robot reached a claimed top speed of 45.6 km/h and jumped 2 metres…

August 19, 2026
Tech

Pakistan Child Online Safety: PTA, Google sign MoU

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and Google signed an MoU to strengthen child online safety…

August 20, 2026
Balochistan

Foreign-Backed ‘Inimical Designs’ Will Be Defeated via Decisive Response, Vows CDF

Chief of Defence Forces and Chief of Army Staff Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir said foreign-backed…

August 21, 2026
Pakistan

Pakistan Rejects Indian Allegations Over 200 Arrests

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan rejects Indian allegations linking it to more than 200 arrests in India, calling the…

August 18, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    Categories

    • World
    • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir

     

    • Top News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Videos
    • Tech
    • Offbeat
    • Blog
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

    © 2026 Phototnews
    All Rights Reserved.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?