Leading his party’s ‘revolution march’ to Islamabad, the chief of the Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT), Dr. Tahirul Qadri has revealed a 10-point agenda aimed at bringing a ‘green revolution’ in Pakistan.
“Our agenda will help release legal and constitutional rights of people confiscated by the rulers. This agenda will eliminate hunger, poverty, unemployment and ensures basic necessities of life including shelter, food, jobs, education and medical faculties at doorsteps,” said Qadri in Lahore.
1. Restoration of legal and constitutional rights of people
2. Provision of basic necessities (including shelter, food, jobs, education and medical faculties at doorsteps) and elimination of hunger, poverty, unemployment.
3. Elimination of terrorism
5. Democracy: No martial law will be tolerated in Pakistan
6. Electoral reforms
7. End to terrorism
8. Minority rights: The revolution will put an end to the practice of declaring minority Muslim sects as non-Muslims.
9. Autonomy for district governments
10. New provinces