KARACHI, Sindh: The Mir Raza death investigation has reconstructed the businessman’s final 12 hours, with investigators saying he spent much of the period trying to secure investment and emergency financing.
According to investigation sources, Raza met Ahmed Raja on Shahrah-e-Faisal on July 27 and discussed a possible investment of Rs7 million to Rs8 million.
Later that evening, investigators said he was informed that a Rs10 million bank loan in his sister’s name had been approved. Farooq Mahmood subsequently told him he could not proceed with a separate investment.
Raza later ate with friend Abdul Razzaq at Ghaffar Kabab House before contacting Sarim Syed around midnight to seek an urgent Rs30 million loan, according to the reconstructed timeline.
The sister of slain businessman Mir Raza has raised concerns over alleged suspicious activity surrounding the family as investigations into his killing continue from multiple angles.
Investigators have questioned Dr Usama Sheikh, the MLO who conducted the first post-mortem, and… pic.twitter.com/qWfQIrRiCI
— The Pakistan Daily (@ThePakDaily) August 22, 2026
Investigators also found that several of Raza’s social-media accounts were deactivated overnight. His fiancée reportedly tried to contact him after noticing the accounts had disappeared.
Read: Mir Raza Ali Probe: Jibran Nasir Objects to SHO Ghulam Nabi’s Inclusion
The committee further found that Raza transferred money from his accounts to his parents’ accounts shortly after 3am.
Investigators said he later left home in an online taxi and switched off his phone during the journey. CCTV footage subsequently showed him walking alone toward the area where his body was later found.