Skip to content
Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    GA-20 and Grammy-winning musician Charlie Musselwhite perform “I Can’t Hold Out” during CBS Saturday Morning’s Saturday Sessions on August 1.
    Videos

    GA-20 and Charlie Musselwhite Perform ‘I Can’t Hold Out’

    August 2, 2026 1 Min Read
    Ricky Gervais Alley Cats official Netflix trailer
    Videos

    Ricky Gervais ‘Alley Cats’ Trailer Sets August 7 Debut

    July 23, 2026 2 Min Read
    Sam Fender Olivia Dean break UK chart record with Rein Me In after 16 weeks at No. 1.
    Videos

    Sam Fender, Olivia Dean Break 30-Year UK Chart Record

    July 12, 2026 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: 12 Pakistanis arrested over Saudi attacks including Medina
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
Pakistanis arrested in Saudi Arabia
PhotoNews Pakistan > Top News > 12 Pakistanis arrested over Saudi attacks including Medina
Top News

12 Pakistanis arrested over Saudi attacks including Medina

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published July 8, 2016 2 Min Read
Share
SHARE
Nineteen people, including 12 Pakistani nationals, have been arrested in Saudi Arabia following suicide attacks on Monday, including one near Islam´s second-holiest site in the city of Medina, the kingdom´s Interior Ministry said on Thursday.

Seven people are believed to have been killed and two wounded in the Medina attacks, at a mosque in Qatif and in western Jeddah, the economic capital, not far from the US consulate.

A 26-year-old Saudi man, Naer Moslem Hammad al-Balawi, who had a “history of drug use” had been identified as the perpetrator of the Medina attack, the ministry said in a statement.

Four people were killed in the Medina explosion near the Prophet´s Mosque, which came as Muslims prepared for this week´s Eid al-Fitr festival marking the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan.

The body parts of three people were found after another suicide bombing in the Shiite-populated Gulf city of Qatif, the ministry said earlier.

Two police officers were wounded the Jeddah attack. The US embassy in Riyadh reported no casualties among consulate staff during the attack, which coincided with the US July 4 Independence Day holiday.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, the interior minister, said while visiting the wounded policemen in Jeddah that the attacks would “only increase our solidarity and make us stronger.”

No group has claimed responsibility for Monday´s attacks so far. However, a series of bombings and shootings claimed by the Islamic State group (IS) in Saudi Arabia since late 2014 has targeted minority Shiites as well as the security forces, killing dozens.

Most attacks have taken place in Eastern Province. IS group leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has called for attacks against Saudi Arabia, which is taking part in the US-led coalition bombing the jihadists in Syria and Iraq. (AFP)

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Bank Alfalah Pehchan account

Recent Posts

Imran Khan hospital transfer reports denied as officials say no confirmed movement from Adiala Jail took place.

SC Returns Imran Khan Review Petition Over Hospital Transfer

Australia's national flag pinned on a map of Australia.

Australia Summons Israeli Ambassador Over Gaza Aid Worker

FY25 parliamentary approval spending audit finds Rs3,177bn spent without parliament approval.

Cabinet Approves Defence Forces Act 2026, NCA Amendments

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Ronaldo World Cup record broken as Cristiano Ronaldo scores twice for Portugal against Uzbekistan
Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Retirement: 2026-27 May Be Final Season

2 Min Read
Illustrative image of agentic AI transforming digital banking services.
Tech

Agentic Banking AI Moves From Chatbots to Live Payments

2 Min Read
Security forces during Kharan operation in Lajay area.
Balochistan

Kharan Operation Kills Seven Terrorists in Balochistan

2 Min Read
Entertainment

Bonnie Tyler Memorial Draws Hundreds of Fans in Swansea

Bonnie Tyler memorial services drew hundreds of fans and mourners to Swansea, Wales, on Monday for…

August 18, 2026
Pakistan

Pakistani Houthi Attack Victims’ Bodies Reach Karachi

KARACHI, Sindh: The bodies of two Pakistani Houthi attack victims arrived in Karachi on Thursday, while…

August 20, 2026
Tech

Engnovate IELTS Tools Expand AI Practice, Daily Test Features

Engnovate IELTS tools now span writing, speaking, reading, listening and pronunciation practice, with the platform promoting…

August 17, 2026
World

9/11 Pentagon Footage Released Publicly After 25 Years

Rare 9/11 Pentagon footage filmed near Washington, D.C., United States, is being released 25 years after…

August 19, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    Categories

    • World
    • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir

     

    • Top News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Videos
    • Tech
    • Offbeat
    • Blog
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

    © 2026 Phototnews
    All Rights Reserved.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?