Skip to content
Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    GA-20 and Grammy-winning musician Charlie Musselwhite perform “I Can’t Hold Out” during CBS Saturday Morning’s Saturday Sessions on August 1.
    Videos

    GA-20 and Charlie Musselwhite Perform ‘I Can’t Hold Out’

    August 2, 2026 1 Min Read
    Ricky Gervais Alley Cats official Netflix trailer
    Videos

    Ricky Gervais ‘Alley Cats’ Trailer Sets August 7 Debut

    July 23, 2026 2 Min Read
    Sam Fender Olivia Dean break UK chart record with Rein Me In after 16 weeks at No. 1.
    Videos

    Sam Fender, Olivia Dean Break 30-Year UK Chart Record

    July 12, 2026 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: Nepra reduces wind power tariff by 20 per cent
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
PhotoNews Pakistan > Pakistan > Nepra reduces wind power tariff by 20 per cent
Pakistan

Nepra reduces wind power tariff by 20 per cent

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published June 27, 2015 2 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Islamabad: Amid criticism, the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) has reduced levelised upfront tariff for wind power projects by 20 per cent to Rs10.6048 per unit from Rs13.1998.

The revised tariff came after protests by the Sindh government over a ban imposed by the federal government on new wind and solar projects. The centre said the temporary ban was meant to translate falling technology prices of wind energy in the international market into domestic tariff.

The revised tariff was, however, immediately rejected by the investors of wind energy projects. They alleged that the energy policy was heavily tilting towards Punjab-based solar power projects, about 1,000MW of which had been awarded to a single firm through a negotiated deal instead of bidding.

Nepra said on Thursday the new tariff would remain applicable for six months from the date of notification. The investors opting for this tariff are required to achieve financial close within one year from the date of award of upfront tariff to them.

The targeted maximum construction period after financial close is 18 months. “This initiative, besides ensuring energy security, will provide clean, renewable energy at an affordable price to the consumers and help mitigate power shortfall,” Nepra added.

It said wind power tariff had been reduced because of advancement in technology and it would benefit economy and industry due to its unique benefits and competitiveness.

“It is a shocking tariff,” said a wind energy investor, adding that 1,000MW solar projects in Punjab had been given higher tariff despite its 17pc plant efficiency, compared to wind energy’s 38.5pc plant efficiency.

On top of that, he said, the power agreement would be finalised only on the basis of yet to be completed grid study by the National Transmission and Dispatch Company (NTDC). This means the wind project will not apply for tariff with Nepra before the NTDC’s grid report, being the pre-requisite.

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

aylor Sheridan wearing a cowboy hat at an event

Taylor Sheridan TV Empire Hits $1B as Creator Eyes NBCUniversal

Hollywood Sign on the hills above Los Angeles

Griffith American Films IELTS Answers Cover Questions 14–26

Houthi Red Sea

Houthi Attacks Yemen: Missiles, Drones Hit Marib, Mocha

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Fire erupts after a blast on the Balochistan Bolan gas pipeline.
Balochistan

Bolan Gas Pipeline Blast Cuts Supply Across Balochistan

2 Min Read
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif addresses the launch of Pakistan’s youth initiative.
Pakistan

National Youth Employment Policy Launched in Pakistan

2 Min Read
BIGBANG “BiiiG” single announcement for the group’s 20th anniversary
Entertainment

BIGBANG BiiiG Single Marks 20 Years on Aug. 19

1 Min Read
World

Golan Heights Quote Attributed to Iran Has No Official Record

Social media users have attributed a viral quote from the Golan Heights to Iranian Foreign Minister…

August 15, 2026
Tech

Black Flag Resynced Mod Restores Unarmed Combat

A new Black Flag Resynced mod has restored unarmed combat on PC, allowing players to make…

August 11, 2026
Sports

Korea Football Association Apologises Over Referee Allegations

SEOUL: The Korea Football Association apologised on Aug. 8 after a 2016 government audit resurfaced allegations…

August 12, 2026
Entertainment

Bilal Maqsood Sets ‘Pakkay Dost’ Season 4 for Aug 22

Musician Bilal Maqsood will release “Pakkay Dost” Season 4 on YouTube on August 22, with new…

August 13, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    Categories

    • World
    • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir

     

    • Top News
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Videos
    • Tech
    • Offbeat
    • Blog
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

    © 2026 Phototnews
    All Rights Reserved.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?