Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    Zayn Malik Drops Die For Me Music Video
    Videos

    Zayn Malik Releases Die For Me Music Video Ahead of New Album

    February 6, 2026 3 Min Read
    Masters of the Universe teaser
    Videos

    Masters of the Universe Teaser Reveals Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man

    January 22, 2026 3 Min Read
    Bridgerton Season 4 trailer
    EntertainmentVideos

    Bridgerton Season 4 Trailer Reveals Benedict’s Love Story

    December 26, 2025 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: Malala trust fund: School girl enrolment drive launched
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
Malala Trust Funding
PhotoNews Pakistan > Pakistan > Malala trust fund: School girl enrolment drive launched
Pakistan

Malala trust fund: School girl enrolment drive launched

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published October 9, 2015 4 Min Read
Share
Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai
SHARE

A $7 million programme, whose aim is to enrol at least 50,000 out-of-school-girls from 12 districts across the country over the course of three years, was launched earlier yesterday.

The Girls’ Right to Education Programme, which will be implemented through NGOs and civil society organisations across the four provinces, is funded by the Malala Funds-in-Trust. The trust was launched in February 2014 by the government of Pakistan and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (Unesco) to support better access, improved quality and safe learning environments for girls in hard-to-reach areas.

Speaking at the launch, Unesco’s Vibeke Jensen said target districts were chosen in collaboration with provincial governments and demonstrate the highest rates of gender disparity in the country. Jensen said the programme will target primary school age girls, parents, schools, teachers and district education officials.

The programme, she said, was created after detailed discussions with the government, civil society and schoolgirls themselves and features strategies developed according to provincial needs and local contexts.

The project aims – among other things – to mobilise school management committees, support teachers, improve physical infrastructure such as boundary walls and strengthen district officials to facilitate schools, support planning and education, and design strategies to target girls.

Speaking at the launch, Education Minister Mohammad Balighur Rehman said that the government’s resolve was to ensure 100 per cent enrolment in primary and secondary schools and reiterated the resolve to make education free and compulsory.

The minister said that the programme would pay special attention to border areas, particularly the Durand Line, where war-torn districts are facing unique challenges. The target districts for the programme are Muzaffarabad, Hattian and Neelum in AJK, Jafferabad and Ziarat in Baluchistan, Mohmand Agency in Fata, Gilgit and Hunza Nagar in Gilgit-Baltistan, Neelor and Tarnol in Islamabad, Kohistan in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), Muzaffargarh in Punjab and Tharparkar in Sindh.

The minister said the programme was being carried out in districts where there is no education infrastructure and said that with time, more programmes would be initiated to operate alongside this. He also said that provincial district education departments had been taken on board.

Balochistan MPA Raheela Durrani said that Balochistan had fallen behind in education standards.She revealed that of the 22,000 villages in Balochistan, 10,000 were without schools and there were only 11,500 schools in the province.

“There is the ghost schools issue, the ghost teachers issue, the ghosts students issue; all education is a ghost in Baluchistan,” she said.

Many of the speakers also spoke about girls’ education with regards to sustainable development goals (SDGs) set by the UN this year. UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova, in a video statement, said that the new SDGs recognised that access to education was a human right.

Read : AJK govt and UNESCO to contribute to Malala Education Fund
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

slamabad M-Tag for Motorcycles

Islamabad M-Tag for Motorcycles to Launch from February 20

Tarique Rahman sworn in as prime minister

Tarique Rahman Sworn in as Prime Minister After BNP Election Victory

Kurt Van Dyke killed in Costa Rica

Kurt Van Dyke Killed in Costa Rica During Suspected Robbery

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Akhtar Mengal Resignation
Balochistan

Akhtar Mengal Resignation Accepted by National Assembly Speaker

3 Min Read
US military GenAI.mil platform
Tech

US Military GenAI.mil Platform to Power AI-Driven Operations

3 Min Read
Opposition on Imran Khan's Health
Pakistan

Opposition Sit-In Outside Parliament House Over Imran Khan’s Health

5 Min Read
PakistanTop News

Imran Khan 15% Vision in Right Eye, Medical Report Tells Supreme Court

Imran Khan 15% vision right eye was revealed in a medical report submitted to the Supreme…

February 12, 2026
Top NewsWorld

US Military Used Claude AI in Maduro Operation: Report

The US military used the Claude AI Maduro operation in a significant development highlighting AI integration…

February 15, 2026
Tech

Seedance 2.0 AI Copyright Concerns After Studio Complaints

Seedance 2.0 AI copyright concerns have intensified after major studios threatened legal action over unauthorised use…

February 16, 2026
Entertainment

Beyoncé Debuts Bold Bob Haircut for Super Bowl 2026 Weekend

Beyoncé may have been late to share her Super Bowl weekend photos, but her dramatic new…

February 13, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Categories

  • World
  • Pakistan
  • Punjab
  • Sindh
  • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
  • Balochistan
  • Azad Jammu Kashmir

 

  • Top News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Videos
  • Tech
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

© 2026 Phototnews
All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?