Over 8,000 suspects have been arrested in more than 1,800 operations carried out by security forces in different parts of Balochistan since the start of the current year, the provincial home ministry said on Wednesday.
In a report presenting details of the implementation of the National Action Plan (NAP) in the province, the Balochistan Home Ministry said that 204 suspected terrorists have been killed, 29 injured and a total of 8,326 suspects arrested in 1,863 from December 16 2014 to Sept 15 2015.
The terrorists belonged to banned militant outfits, from who over 3,000 weapons and more than 200,000 rounds of ammunition were recovered. Sources in the home ministry said that the operations have been based on intelligence reports.
The report further said that, under the national Action Plan, the registration of over 2,600 NGOs was also suspended in the province.
A similar report released by the Sindh provincial government yesterday said that a total of 343 terrorists were killed and 370 were arrested under the National Action Plan so far.