UAE says Iran’s missile launch involved two ballistic missiles detected heading toward the United Arab Emirates on August 18, 2026, the UAE Ministry of Defence said.
The ministry said one missile fell within UAE territorial waters and the other outside them. Neither was reported to have struck land.
UAE authorities said defence forces remained ready to respond to threats and protect the Gulf country’s security and sovereignty.
Earlier on Tuesday, the UAE Ministry of Interior issued a mobile alert warning residents of a missile threat. Authorities later lifted the alert and told the public the situation was safe and normal activities could resume.
Read: Iran Offensive Policy Signals Wider Hormuz Escalation Risk
The ministry also urged residents to rely on official government channels for security information and avoid circulating unverified reports.
Iran had issued no immediate official response to the UAE’s account of the missile launches.