Karachi: All major roads leading to Sea View will be closed for traffic from 6pm Thursday. The traffic police have offered the following information to help residents reach their homes:
1. All vehicular traffic coming from Akhtar Colony via Expressway and Korangi will not be allowed to move towards Khayaban-e-Ittehad but will be diverted on main Korangi Road towards Sharae Faisal, Regent Plaza, Club Road, Teen Talwar, Do Talwar, Sharae Iran, Clifton Helipad, 26th Street, where people can take a right turn towards Sea View McDonalds and then pass Salt ‘n’ Pepper Village Restaurant towards Khayaban-e-Ittehad for their destinations. The same route can be used by drivers coming from North Nazimabad, Gulberg, Liaquatabad, Gulshan-e-Iqbal and New Karachi.
2. Resident of DHA phases V, VI and VII can access Phase VIII by reaching these intersections: 26th Street, Saba Avenue, Shaheen Signal, Shujaat Signal and Bahria intersection.
3. No vehicular traffic will be allowed to move towards Submarine Chowrangi from Mai Kolachi Road after 9pm. The KPT Bridge near the US Consulate will also be closed then. Traffic will, however, be allowed to movie from Boat Basin towards Jinnah Bridge.
4. All roads from Boat Basin to Bilawal Chowrangi and then towards the Helipad will be completely closed for traffic.
5. The patch of Sunset Boulevard towards Punjab Chowrangi will be completely closed for traffic, while the track leading towards Korangi Road will remain open. The road from Defence Library signal towards Street No.2 signal will be closed as well.
6. All heavy vehicles coming from Mauripur Road will not be allowed to move towards Mai Kolachi Road and will be diverted from Jinnah Bridge to reach their destinations via Hub River Road and Sharae Pakistan. Smaller vehicles will be allowed to take Jinnah Bridge towards MT Khan Road, PIDC, Club Chowk, Avari Towers and then on towards Sharae Faisal.
Read : Section 144: Ban on aerial firing, fireworks on New Year’s Eve