While having my breakfast today with my hubby, I noticed he was looking so fresh and young. Healthy skin, energy, and a glow usually come when a man crosses his 30s. That moment I realized what they do to keep themselves so fresh. No, they don’t take facials or any skin treatments, not even use skin products. Then how? How do they maintain themselves? The answer was very simple. They give themselves plenty of time, whether at work or home, at any gathering or any guy’s night out! They somehow take time to pamper themselves.
On the contrary, we keep busy with kids, house chores and other home economics. So we think we are good to go with one facial and mani/padi day at the salon once a month. Or putting in loads of makeup in a get-to-gather and taking compliments makes us fly like a princess! But the reality is something else.
Have you ever noticed the REAL you in the mirror? If not, then start noticing. Here are some of the tips which women reached or reaching should do in their 30s:
- Spent time with yourself: Relax, read a novel, listen to music or watch a movie/series alone. That one hour or two should be all yours. Do whatever you want to do but don’t think!
- Eat healthily and avoid Junk: Add salads and fruits daily. Take fresh juices. Drink loads and loads of water. It will freshen up your skin!
- Salon visit: Visit the salon once or twice a month. Take facials, manicures, padi cure, trim your hair, and pluck out the extra hairs. A salon visit makes you feel good.
- Body Massage: Try to get a body massage once a month. It loosens the tight muscles and makes you feel calm and relaxed.
- Homemade skin remedies: Try homemade skin remedies. Apply tomato juice to your skin. Honey and curd, while peeling off fruits, rub the peeled skin on your face. (my mom does it, and her skin is so beautiful)
- Moisturize your skin: Apply moisturizer daily. And before going to bed, lotion your body. Pamper your skin. Your skin needs your attention just like a baby needs it.
- Plan your vacation: Try to get out of your normal routine. Just go- damn anywhere!
- Spent time with your best buddy: Enjoy going out with your friends or family – it lightens the mood. Spent time with your best friend, and you know quite well who is your friend is and who your best friend!
- Laugh: and last but not least, stay happy! No matter what, God is there to care for our problems, so live a life tension-free! Smile often, and laugh with your heart open!
Try these simple techniques, and you will feel the difference! You’re a princess! You deserve to be happy!– By Aqsa Arif Published in PhotoNews, June 15th, 2014