Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    Zayn Malik Drops Die For Me Music Video
    Videos

    Zayn Malik Releases Die For Me Music Video Ahead of New Album

    February 6, 2026 3 Min Read
    Masters of the Universe teaser
    Videos

    Masters of the Universe Teaser Reveals Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man

    January 22, 2026 3 Min Read
    Bridgerton Season 4 trailer
    EntertainmentVideos

    Bridgerton Season 4 Trailer Reveals Benedict’s Love Story

    December 26, 2025 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: UAE Withdraws Counterterrorism Units from Yemen
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
UAE Withdrawl Yemen
PhotoNews Pakistan > Top News > UAE Withdraws Counterterrorism Units from Yemen
Top NewsWorld

UAE Withdraws Counterterrorism Units from Yemen

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published December 31, 2025 3 Min Read
Share
Image Credit: @RT_com / X
SHARE

The United Arab Emirates announced on Tuesday that it has voluntarily concluded the mission of its counterterrorism units in Yemen, citing a comprehensive security assessment and recent developments on the ground.

In a statement carried by state news agency WAM and later shared on X in Arabic, the UAE Ministry of Defence said it decided after reviewing potential risks to the safety and effectiveness of its operations. The ministry stressed that its presence in Yemen had remained limited to specialised counterterrorism personnel working in coordination with international partners.

The announcement followed a Saudi-led coalition airstrike on the southern Yemeni port city of Mukalla. The coalition said the strike targeted foreign military support linked to UAE-backed southern separatists. Shortly after, Saudi Arabia publicly backed a call for UAE forces to leave Yemen within 24 hours.

بيان صادر عن وزارة الدفاع في دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة

بالإشارة إلى البيان الصادر عن وزارة الخارجية في دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة اليوم الثلاثاء الموافق 30/12/2025 حول الأحداث الجارية في الجمهورية اليمنية، وما تضمنه من حقائق بشأن تواجد القوات المسلحة الإماراتية في اليمن… pic.twitter.com/DmgeUV7bpT

— وزارة الدفاع |MOD UAE (@modgovae) December 30, 2025

The UAE joined the Saudi-led coalition against the Houthis in 2015. In 2019, it began drawing down its troops but continued to support the internationally recognised Yemeni government.

Political and military dynamics later shifted when the Southern Transitional Council pushed for self-rule in southern Yemen. Earlier this month, STC forces launched a sudden offensive against Saudi-backed government troops, breaking years of stalemate and claiming control over large parts of the south.

Read: Saudi-Led Coalition Carries Out Limited Airstrike on Mukalla Port in Yemen

Saudi Arabia warned the STC against further military action in the eastern province of Hadramout and called for a withdrawal. The STC rejected that demand.

Amid the escalating situation, Marco Rubio spoke with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud to discuss Yemen’s security situation and broader regional stability, according to the US State Department.

The UAE said its decision reflects a focus on risk management and operational effectiveness amid ongoing regional tensions that continue to reshape the conflict landscape in Yemen.

TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Nepra public hearing Discos

Rs10.75 Billion Quarterly Tariff Adjustment Sought by Discos at Nepra Hearing

Pakistan $1.3 billion Eurobond repayment 2026

Pakistan Faces $1.3 Billion Eurobond Repayment 2026 Amid IMF Review Talks

HRCP on Pakistan Punjab CCD Killing

HRCP Report Questions CCD Encounters and Alleged Extrajudicial Killings in Punjab

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

xAI co-founder departures
Tech

Tony Wu & Jimmy Ba Leave xAI; Musk Explains Reorg

3 Min Read
Sydney Sweeney tries Takis Fuego
Offbeat

Sydney Sweeney Tries Takis Fuego for the First Time and Rates It 10/10

2 Min Read
Beyoncé blonde bob transformation
Entertainment

Beyoncé Blonde Bob Transformation Sparks New Music Album

3 Min Read
Entertainment

Warner Bros Paramount Merger Talks Resume Amid Netflix Deal

Warner Bros Paramount merger talks have resurfaced as the entertainment giant reconsiders its options amid an…

February 16, 2026
Entertainment

Cardi B Stefon Diggs Split Confirmed After Super Bowl 2026 Rumors

The Cardi B Stefon Diggs split has been confirmed after weeks of speculation following Super Bowl…

February 17, 2026
Business

Oil Prices US Iran Talks Keep Markets Steady Ahead of Geneva Meeting

Oil prices and US-Iran talks remained the central focus for markets on Monday, as crude traded…

February 16, 2026
Sports

Imad Wasim Announces Second Marriage to Nyla After Divorce

The announcement of Imad Wasim's second marriage has drawn attention after the former Pakistan all-rounder confirmed…

February 17, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Categories

  • World
  • Pakistan
  • Punjab
  • Sindh
  • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
  • Balochistan
  • Azad Jammu Kashmir

 

  • Top News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Videos
  • Tech
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

© 2026 Phototnews
All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?