The rumour mills are abuzz with whispers of a budding relationship between pop icon Taylor Swift and NFL star Travis Kelce. The purported romance has led to a storm of conspiracy theories across social media, with fans and sceptics speculating on their connection’s true nature.
Fueling the Promotion of Fire
Some believe that this romantic narrative is a meticulously planned strategy by Swift’s team to drum up attention for her upcoming movie, “The Eras Tour,” set to release on October 13. The aftermath of these romance talks has also resulted in a notable boost for Kelce. His jersey ranks among the NFL’s top five best-sellers, the media coverage around his games has skyrocketed, and TV ratings for the Chiefs’ matches have seen a significant uptick.
Mike Freeman’s sarcastic piece in USA Today wryly comments, “Deep down in your soul. Everyone knows the Swift/Kelce romance is fake when you tell yourself the truth. Not since the moon landing has anything been so fake.”
Conspiracy Theories Galore
Here are some of the wild conspiracy theories surrounding Swift and Kelce’s alleged relationship:
- Swift, known for supporting the Philadelphia Eagles, is allegedly trying to sabotage Kelce’s Chiefs in favour of the Eagles.
- Some believe Swift’s real romantic target is Jason Kelce, Travis Kelce’s brother, who plays for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Is Swift attempting to overshadow the Usher’s Super Bowl performance announcement following Kim Kardashian’s reveal?
- The numbers game: Swift and Kelce were both born in 1989, hinting at Swift’s album of the same name. Also, while Swift’s favourite number is 13, Kelce sports 87 on his jersey. Coincidentally, they both add up to 100, symbolizing perfection.
- Swift might be trying to distract the public from her close friend Sophie Turner’s recent breakup with Joe Jonas.
- Some cynics suggest Swift’s rumoured relationship with Kelce is merely fodder for her future song lyrics.