Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    Zayn Malik Drops Die For Me Music Video
    Videos

    Zayn Malik Releases Die For Me Music Video Ahead of New Album

    February 6, 2026 3 Min Read
    Masters of the Universe teaser
    Videos

    Masters of the Universe Teaser Reveals Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man

    January 22, 2026 3 Min Read
    Bridgerton Season 4 trailer
    EntertainmentVideos

    Bridgerton Season 4 Trailer Reveals Benedict’s Love Story

    December 26, 2025 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: Sethi sure Pakistan-India series to be held by all means
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
PhotoNews Pakistan > Sports > Sethi sure Pakistan-India series to be held by all means
Sports

Sethi sure Pakistan-India series to be held by all means

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published August 26, 2015 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Brushing aside apprehensions about Pakistan-India series, head of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) executive committee Najam Sethi said he was sure that series between arch-rivals would be held at a neutral venue by all means.

“Im saying this on the basis of my experience that the series between the two countries is sure to be held in UAE or at some other neutral venue,” he told a sports TV channel.

Pakistan and India are scheduled for a full series comprising three Tests, five ODIs and two T20 internationals in the UAE in December, this year.

Sethi, who was PCB chairman when the MoU was signed between the two boards to play six series between 2015 and 2022 with four of them being hosted by Pakistan, said millions of dollars were involved in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the December series.

He said that Pakistan-India series was popular all over the world and it was by no means less important than Ashes between England and Australia.

When asked that secretary Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Anurag Thakur had recently stated the series would not go ahead, Sethi said Anurag was not a professional player but a politician and such statements were not surprising from him.

Sethi, who has arrived back in the country on Tuesday after touring UAE and Qatar, where he held key meetings with sports’ officials of those countries for holding Pakistan Super League (PSL), said he was hopeful that the lucrative T20 series would begin in April, next year. “We have visited Qatar after UAE. The members of Qatar Olympic Committee have expressed keen enthusiasm on the matter of holding PSL there.”

He said Pakistan had broadcasters and sponsors to stage PSL adding that the series would benefit all including sponsors, players and corporate sector.

It may be mentioned here that inaugural PSL season was set to begin on March 26 2013 but has since then been postponed due to tight playing schedules world over and the subsequent non-availability of international players.

“The PCB is trying to make PSL a financially rewarding experience for players, who will be signed on by different franchises”, a PCB spokesman told APP on Wednesday.

He said that the board was planning three categories A, B and C for players. “Players in A category will get at least 100,000 US dollars, those in B category 60,000 dollars and that of C category 40,000 dollars.”

He said that the A category would include top playing cricketers, B category would include players who remain in and out of international cricket, while C category would include some retired players. “Payments will be made on the basis of number of matches played by a cricketer in the league,” he added.

“It is also being considered to have each franchise include a certain number of Under 19 players and top domestic performers in their outfits besides hiring four to five overseas players in each team,” he added.

He revealed that talks were being made with agents for some leading foreign players but one issue facing the board was to see which players would be available.  (APP)

TAGGED:Cricket
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Jinnah International Airport runway upgrade

Karachi Airport Runway Upgrade Now Ready for Airbus A380

Hybrid Photoreceptor Cells in Deep-Sea Fish

Hybrid Photoreceptor Cells in Deep-Sea Fish Challenge Vision Science

PSX KSE-100 Index falls

PSX KSE-100 Index Falls 3.74% Amid Foreign Selling, Weak Results

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Who is Ilia Malinin
Sports

Who Is Ilia Malinin? Inside the Rise of the ‘Quad God’

4 Min Read
Munich Security Conference 2026
Top NewsWorld

Europe Aims Strengthens Defense Amid US Tensions at Munich Security Conference

6 Min Read
India beat Pakistan in T20 World Cup 2026
Sports

India Beat Pakistan T20 World Cup Clash by 61 Runs to Reach Next Round

3 Min Read
Entertainment

Cardi B Stefon Diggs Split Confirmed After Super Bowl 2026 Rumors

The Cardi B Stefon Diggs split has been confirmed after weeks of speculation following Super Bowl…

February 17, 2026
Tech

iPhone 18 Pro Variable Aperture: A Major Leap for Mobile Photography?

Rumours circulating in the tech space suggest that the iPhone 18 Pro's variable-aperture feature could make…

February 15, 2026
Pakistan

Imran Khan Legal Relief Speculation Grows Amid Political Uncertainty

Speculation around Imran Khan's legal relief has intensified following some relief from the apex court and…

February 14, 2026
Offbeat

Sydney Sweeney Tries Takis Fuego for the First Time and Rates It 10/10

When Sydney Sweeney tries Takis Fuego, the result is both fiery and unforgettable. The Hollywood star…

February 18, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Categories

  • World
  • Pakistan
  • Punjab
  • Sindh
  • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
  • Balochistan
  • Azad Jammu Kashmir

 

  • Top News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Videos
  • Tech
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

© 2026 Phototnews
All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?