The Bajaur Malangi check post attack has taken a new turn after security officials identified the suicide bomber as an Afghan national.
The attack occurred on February 16, 2026, when a bomber targeted a joint security check post in Bajaur. The blast claimed the lives of 11 security personnel.
Authorities named the attacker as Khwariji Ahmed, also known as Qari Abdullah Abuzar. Officials said he came from Balkh province in Afghanistan and had previously served in the Taliban’s special forces.
Officials linked the Bajaur Malangi check post attack to what they described as cross-border terrorism. Security sources said evidence points to Afghan soil being used to plan or support attacks inside Pakistan. They also claimed that several recent incidents involved Afghan nationals.
Authorities argued that these links show a pattern of coordination beyond Pakistan’s borders. Security officials referred to multiple past attacks while discussing cross-border connections.
They said the suicide bomber involved in the February 6, 2026, Tarlai attack in Islamabad received training in Afghanistan.
They also pointed to the November 11, 2025, attack on the Islamabad Judicial Complex and the November 24 assault on FC Headquarters in Peshawar. According to officials, those attackers had Afghan origins.
Authorities mentioned earlier incidents as well. These included the October 10 attack on the Police Training Centre in Dera Ismail Khan and the November 10 attack on Cadet College Wana.
Officials further claimed that planners of the March 4, 2025, Bannu Cantonment attack operated from Afghanistan. They also alleged that facilitators of the March 11, 2025, Jaffar Express attack maintained contact with TTP leadership across the border.
In addition, authorities cited a confessional statement from a suspect arrested in September 2024 as supporting evidence of cross-border coordination.