The Trump Board of Peace Gaza fund has secured $7 billion in contributions to rebuild Gaza, US President Donald Trump announced during the body’s inaugural meeting in Washington.
Speaking at the first session of the Board of Peace (BoP), Trump said participating countries had raised the amount as an initial down payment for reconstruction. He added that the United States would contribute $10 billion to the initiative.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif attended the meeting alongside other world leaders.
Trump named Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, the UAE, Morocco, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, and Kuwait among the contributors to the relief package.
He also stated that FIFA would raise $75 million for soccer-related projects in Gaza, while the United Nations would contribute $2 billion for humanitarian assistance.
President Trump said his Board of Peace received roughly $17 billion in pledges toward humanitarian and reconstruction efforts in Gaza, and that more than half a dozen countries promised personnel to a stabilization force in the war-torn territory https://t.co/UYrgLuhgIm pic.twitter.com/v80LrsoNnz
— Bloomberg (@business) February 19, 2026
The US president emphasised that deploying soldiers to fight in Gaza would not be necessary under the current framework.
Originally proposed as part of efforts to end Israel’s war in Gaza, the Board of Peace has since expanded its remit to address broader global conflicts.
Pakistan’s Position on Gaza Mission
During his address, PM Shehbaz reaffirmed Pakistan’s commitment to sustainable peace in Gaza. He stressed that a sovereign and independent Palestinian state remains essential for long-term stability in the region.
However, Pakistani officials signalled that any troop contribution would strictly be limited to a peacekeeping role. Sources indicated Islamabad seeks firm assurances that its forces would not be involved in disarming Hamas.
US President Donald Trump has expressed gratitude to Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and said that he greatly appreciates him @PakPMO @CMShehbaz @realDonaldTrump #RadioPakistan #News https://t.co/lrkt0SySMJ pic.twitter.com/rsEemRVuQO
— Radio Pakistan (@RadioPakistan) February 19, 2026
“We are ready to send troops,” a senior government source said, clarifying that participation would only occur under a peace mission framework.
Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Andrabi previously reiterated Pakistan’s support for international efforts aligned with UN resolutions.
Wider Diplomatic Context
The Board of Peace includes Israel but not Palestinian representatives, prompting some observers to question its relationship with the United Nations’ traditional diplomatic role.
Trump said the initiative aims to strengthen, not weaken, the UN. He also addressed tensions with Iran, stating that any potential deal must be “meaningful” and indicating clarity on negotiations could emerge within days.
Read: Pakistan Joins Gaza Board of Peace Meeting on Feb 19
Analysts note that the proposed reconstruction force would likely involve Muslim-majority nations overseeing Gaza’s transition and recovery.
As discussions continue, the Board’s long-term scope and operational framework remain key points of focus for participating countries.