Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    Zayn Malik Drops Die For Me Music Video
    Videos

    Zayn Malik Releases Die For Me Music Video Ahead of New Album

    February 6, 2026 3 Min Read
    Masters of the Universe teaser
    Videos

    Masters of the Universe Teaser Reveals Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man

    January 22, 2026 3 Min Read
    Bridgerton Season 4 trailer
    EntertainmentVideos

    Bridgerton Season 4 Trailer Reveals Benedict’s Love Story

    December 26, 2025 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: Sean Combs Appeals Prostitution Conviction, Challenges 50-Month Sentence
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
Sean Combs appeal
PhotoNews Pakistan > Entertainment > Sean Combs Appeals Prostitution Conviction, Challenges 50-Month Sentence
Entertainment

Sean Combs Appeals Prostitution Conviction, Challenges 50-Month Sentence

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published December 25, 2025 3 Min Read
Share
Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs at the 2022 Billboard Music Awards. Photo Credits: Mindy Small / FilmMagic
SHARE

Attorneys for Sean Combs have intensified their legal efforts by filing an expedited appeal to overturn his federal conviction for interstate prostitution charges or significantly reduce his prison sentence.

The filing reached the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on Tuesday. Combs’ lawyers argue that the court imposed an unlawful sentence that goes well beyond what the jury’s verdict supports.

Combs is serving a 50-month federal sentence after a jury convicted him on two counts of transporting individuals across state lines for prostitution. Earlier this year, the same jury cleared him of the most serious accusations. These included racketeering conspiracy, and sex trafficking by force, fraud, or coercion.

Despite those acquittals, the defence says the sentence punishes Combs for crimes the jury explicitly rejected.

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs seeks immediate release from prison in appeals argumenthttps://t.co/aQ7QIpWSdh pic.twitter.com/4xqMYDtDI4

— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) December 24, 2025

In an 84-page brief, appellate attorney Alexandra Shapiro argues that prosecutors failed to prove the prostitution charges beyond a reasonable doubt. She says the conduct involved consenting adults who willingly took part in the encounters discussed at trial.

The appeal focuses heavily on sentencing. Shapiro contends that Arun Subramanian, the trial judge, relied on acquitted conduct when calculating punishment. By weighing allegations tied to racketeering and sex trafficking, the judge, she argues, violated Combs’ constitutional rights.

The filing calls the punishment “draconian.” It says the 50-month term runs nearly three times longer than typical sentences for similar offences involving voluntary prostitution. The defence claims the judge acted as a “thirteenth juror” by substituting his own conclusions for the jury’s findings.

In expedited appeal, Sean Combs calls for overturning conviction on interstate prostitution charges. https://t.co/cSrq8vPdb2

— NBC News (@NBCNews) December 24, 2025

Following an eight-week trial in New York, the court sentenced Combs to imprisonment, fined him $500,000, and imposed a five-year term of supervised release. The Federal Bureau of Prisons lists his projected release date as May 25, 2028. His lawyers note that he has already spent nearly 16 months in custody. This exceeds the average term for comparable cases.

Accordingly, the defence is pressing for swift action. If the appeals court does not overturn the convictions, Combs’ team wants immediate release. They also seek a resentencing limited strictly to the conduct the jury found proven.

Read: Diddy Plans Billion-Dollar Defamation Lawsuit Against Netflix Over 50 Cent Documentary

The Second Circuit rarely overturns district court rulings. Still, the fast-tracked appeal highlights the urgency of the request. Prosecutors must respond by February 20, with a defence reply due March 13.

The ruling could reshape the case. It may shorten Combs’ time in custody or set a precedent for how courts treat acquitted conduct in federal sentencing.

TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Bajaur Malangi Check Post

Bajaur Malangi Check Post Attack: Afghan National Identified in Suicide Bombing

Neymar retirement speculation 2026

Neymar Retirement Speculation Grows as Santos Star Eyes Uncertain 2026

Floyd Mayweather retirement comeback

Floyd Mayweather Retirement Comeback Confirmed After Tyson Exhibition

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Ali Amin Gandapur on Imran Khan release
Pakistan

Ali Amin Gandapur Reveals Imran Khan Release and PTI Divisions

3 Min Read
Shia LaBeouf Mardi Gras arrest
Entertainment

Shia LaBeouf Mardi Gras Arrest After New Orleans Bar Altercation

2 Min Read
Karachi thunderstorm rain forecast
Sindh

Karachi Thunderstorm Rain Forecast as Westerly Wave Approaches

2 Min Read
Entertainment

Georgina Rodríguez Dream Home Sparks Valentine’s Day Speculation

Speculation about Georgina Rodríguez's dream home intensified after she shared a heartfelt Instagram post that quickly went…

February 15, 2026
Pakistan

Pakistan 5G Spectrum Auction March 10: PTA Announces Rollout Plan

The Pakistan 5G spectrum auction on March 10 has been officially confirmed by the Pakistan Telecommunication…

February 18, 2026
Punjab

Punjab Banned Organisations List Issued Under Anti-Terrorism Act

The Home Department has officially released the list of banned organisations under the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997, warning…

February 21, 2026
Pakistan

Murad Saeed Resigns from Senate, Urges PTI Lawmakers to Step Down

Murad Saeed resigns from the Senate, adding fresh momentum to political tensions surrounding the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.…

February 15, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Categories

  • World
  • Pakistan
  • Punjab
  • Sindh
  • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
  • Balochistan
  • Azad Jammu Kashmir

 

  • Top News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Videos
  • Tech
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

© 2026 Phototnews
All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?