Photonews Logo Photonews logo
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Balochistan
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
    Zayn Malik Drops Die For Me Music Video
    Videos

    Zayn Malik Releases Die For Me Music Video Ahead of New Album

    February 6, 2026 3 Min Read
    Masters of the Universe teaser
    Videos

    Masters of the Universe Teaser Reveals Nicholas Galitzine as He-Man

    January 22, 2026 3 Min Read
    Bridgerton Season 4 trailer
    EntertainmentVideos

    Bridgerton Season 4 Trailer Reveals Benedict’s Love Story

    December 26, 2025 2 Min Read
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Reading: Ports sealed to prevent escape of Karachi Bus carnage perpetrators
PhotoNews PakistanPhotoNews Pakistan
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Pakistan
    • Punjab
    • Sindh
    • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
    • Balochistan
    • Azad Jammu Kashmir
    • Gilgit – Baltistan
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Photonews. All Rights Reserved.
PhotoNews Pakistan > Top News > Ports sealed to prevent escape of Karachi Bus carnage perpetrators
Top News

Ports sealed to prevent escape of Karachi Bus carnage perpetrators

Web Desk
By Web Desk Published May 15, 2015 3 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Intelligence agencies suspect the attackers, who bathed near 50 Ismaili commuters in blood on board a community service bus near Safoora Goth, might try to flee Pakistan by sea, Samaa reported.

According to sources, the agencies have a reason to believe the shooters are planning to leave Karachi in the guise of fishermen from Thatha, Kemari, or Ibrahim Haideri fish harbours in the next 48 hours.

Under the command of Pakistan Navy, Maritime Security Agency, in a bid to thwart terrorists from escaping, has shut down the aforementioned fishing ports for all kinds of outgoing sea traffic leaving only main fish harbor at Karachi’s West Wharf open for business.

The PMSA has also barred all the vendors from renting out private motorboats to anyone for at least two days.

The toll from the attack rose from 43 to 44 after a wounded woman died at the city’s Aga Khan hospital, a spokesman told AFP.

Karachi police chief Ghulam Qadir Thebo told AFP the police had rounded up several suspects and most of them were the members of banned militant outfits.

Thebo said: “According to initial investigations, there were six attackers. Three went inside the bus and three remained outside. They fired with 9 mm and Kalashnikov rifles.”

Wednesday’s attack was the first in the country officially claimed by the Islamic State group, which controls swathes of territory in Iraq and Syria.

It was also claimed by local militant faction Jundullah, which reportedly pledged its allegiance to the group last year.

Thebo, the police chief, was cautious about the claims and said the attackers seemed to be locals.

“The attacker seemed to be local and knew the area well. Maybe their handlers were from outside Pakistan,” he said.

“In a previous attack on Bohri community mosque the attackers also left a pamphlet, investigators are looking into whether it is the same group which struck yesterday,” he added, referring to another Shiite minority sect.

Wednesday’s attack was the second-deadliest in Pakistan this year after 62 Shiite Muslims were killed in a suicide bombing in late January.

Also read:Funeral prayers of Karachi bus attack offered, death toll reaches 46 
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Email Copy Link Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Recent Posts

The Mandalorian & Grogu trailer

The Mandalorian & Grogu Trailer Reveals New Star Wars Adventure

Nepra public hearing Discos

Rs10.75 Billion Quarterly Tariff Adjustment Sought by Discos at Nepra Hearing

Pakistan $1.3 billion Eurobond repayment 2026

Pakistan Faces $1.3 Billion Eurobond Repayment 2026 Amid IMF Review Talks

Post Archives

More Popular from Photonews

Justin Bieber Hailey Bieber SKYLRK launch
Entertainment

Justin Bieber Hailey Bieber SKYLRK Launch: Couple Teams Up for Fashion Debut

3 Min Read
Bunnie Xo GLP-1 Warning
Entertainment

Bunnie Xo Issues GLP-1 Suicidal Ideation Warning as Serena Williams Praises Benefits

4 Min Read
Ali Amin Gandapur on Imran Khan release
Pakistan

Ali Amin Gandapur Reveals Imran Khan Release and PTI Divisions

3 Min Read
Business

Pakistan Stock Exchange Selloff Deepens Amid Foreign Outflows

The Pakistan Stock Exchange selloff gathered pace on Monday as persistent foreign outflows and weaker-than-expected corporate…

February 16, 2026
Pakistan

Imran Khan Ophthalmic Treatment: 10 Rooms Reserved at Al-Shifa Hospital

The Imran Khan ophthalmic treatment plan in Rawalpindi has entered the preparation stage, with Al-Shifa Trust Eye…

February 15, 2026
Business

Pakistani Exports to UAE Surge 22%

Pakistani exports to the UAE surge 22% over the past six months, reaching $1 billion, as…

February 13, 2026
Pakistan

Imran Khan Eye Treatment Update: Noreen Khan Shares Latest Medical Report

The Imran Khan eye treatment update indicates signs of improvement following a medical examination conducted inside…

February 16, 2026
PhotoNews Pakistan

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Categories

  • World
  • Pakistan
  • Punjab
  • Sindh
  • Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
  • Balochistan
  • Azad Jammu Kashmir

 

  • Top News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Videos
  • Tech
  • Offbeat
  • Blog
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Code of Ethics & Editorial Standards

© 2026 Phototnews
All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?