Pope Francis takes a rickshaw ride in Bangladesh
Pope Francis at the Apostolic Nunciature enjoyed a rickshaw ride during a visit to St Mary´s Cathedral in Dhaka,...
Amazon brings Alexa from home to office in a new AI push
Amazon announced Thursday it is bringing its Alexa digital assistant to the workplace, expanding artificial intelligence (AI) efforts that...
Nine martyred, 30 injured in Peshawar attack
Eleven people were martyred and around 30 injured in a terrorists attack at the Directorate of Agriculture, Peshawar early...
Pakistan exported food commodities worth $500m in last two months
The country earned US$ 512.3 million by exporting different food commodities during the first two months of the current financial year as compared the earnings of the corresponding period of last year. During the period from July to August 2017, food group exports from the country increased by 30.6... Read more
Bollywood’s ‘Deadly Dutt’ back on Indian screens after jail time
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt returned to Indian cinema screens Friday in his first film since serving four years in prison for possessing weapons supplied by gangsters behind the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts. The star, 58, plays the role of a father who seeks revenge for the gang-rape of his... Read more
Biometric machines achieve 88pc success rate in NA-120 by-poll: ECP secretary
The Biometric machines used in NA-120 by-election had a success rate of 88 per cent, while unverified votes comprised remaining 12 per cent. According to the initial report of biometric voting machines used in the NA-120 by-election for National Assembly constituency was submitted to the Election Commission of Pakistan... Read more
NAB arrests Ex-NBP president Ali Raza
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) arrested Former National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) president Ali Raza  on Friday on the orders of the Sindh High Court. Raza was arrested following his bail was rejected in a case filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), alleging his involvement in a Rs... Read more
Gazain Marri detained from Quetta airport
Gazain Marri, son of the late Baloch nationalist leader, Khair Baksh Marri, has detained after arrival at Quetta airport on Friday morning. Marri returned Pakistan after a self-imposed exile around 18 years ago. Marri was taken into custody on his return to Quetta from UAE. Marri is wanted in... Read more
Chelsea agree to sell Costa back to Atletico Madrid
Diego Costa’s messy split from Chelsea appeared to reach its conclusion on Thursday with the Premier League club saying they had agreed to sell the Spain striker back to Atletico Madrid. Costa, a key figure in Chelsea’s two titles in the last three seasons, has not featured for the... Read more
Istanbul’s Ataturk airport closed after jet crashes on runway: Dogan
Istanbul’s main Ataturk airport was closed to traffic on Thursday after a private jet crashed on the runway, Turkey’s Dogan news agency said. The jet — registered as TC-KON — crashed as it was landing, Dogan said. There were no immediate reports of casualties. (Reuters) Read more
Suspect released in London Underground attack probe
British police on Thursday released a man arrested in connection with the bombing of a London Underground train last week, leaving five suspects in custody over the attack. The 21-year-old was released with no further action following his arrest late Saturday in Hounslow, west London, the Metropolitan Police said... Read more
Apple’s iPhone 8 sees muted launch in Asia
Apple Inc’s launch of iPhone 8 kicked off in a less lively mood in Asia, versus previous debuts, as fans held out for the premium iPhone X due out in early November. Hundreds of people usually gather at Apple’s Sydney city store with queues winding down the town’s main... Read more